System version 5.0 for the Zoom F8 is now available. The firmware update includes:
• Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters providing overload protection
• Zoom AutoMix™ function adjusting levels in order to reduce ambient sound
• Improved TC accuracy at .2 ppm when the F8 is powered off
• Digital Boost for headphone monitor (up to +24dB)
• Selectable headphone Volume Curve
• Improved headphone amp performance
• New "Fader Mode" view for home screen
• Maximum fader level increased from +12dB to +24dB
• Ability to record to SD card and USB Audio Interface simultaneously
• F8 Control iOS app can now work together with FRC-8
• Enhanced compatibility with iOS app
For directions on how to update the firmware, please refer to page 128 of the F8 operation manual.
About Zoom North America:
Zoom North America is the U.S. affiliate of the Zoom Corporation (Japan). The company prides itself on offering its customers the very highest level of service and support.